Monday, August 24, 2009

photo a day phinish





One year ago a casual facebook chat with a close friend from art class turned into a "photo-a-day" project. The idea was to take one photo a day with no pressure, no rules, just for fun. I was at a very frustrated point in my photography and art, and needed to remember again why I did it. I needed to enjoy it again. And so began my "photo-a-day" album on facebook. It started out with no rules or dates (the only rule was one photo a day). After I filled up one facebook album with 200 photos I decided to put an end date on my project and see if I could complete a year. This past Thursday was the last day of my "photo-a-day" project. So I created a couple collages of some of my favorites and thought I would post them here for you all to see. It was a fun year. I definitely discovered and learnt alot about myself and my art, I found my fun in it again, and I felt hugely encouraged all along the way. To be honest towards the end it began to feel little bit like a chore I had to do, that is why I am taking a break from it for a while, but my mind is already thinking up some new different project I could start on. The next project I do I will be sure to share it on my blog too.
Its kind of weird not having to come up with a photo for the day or take my camera everywhere, although it is very hard to not bring it along, it seems to be a permanent attachment to me these days.

No comments: