Monday, August 3, 2009

its official


I am officially and unconditionally a Permanent Resident of the United States of America. Last week I received a letter congratulating me because the 2 year conditional status has been lifted from my residency, and in 6 weeks I should receive my "green card". A couple of Months ago we sent in another package with lots of proof that we were still married in order to get the conditions removed. What a long journey it has been. A Good, sometimes bad, long journey. I went back and read some of my old e-mails that I used to send regularly from around the time of our wedding. It was fun to remember the obstacles we had to maneuver around, and be reminded of God's faithfulness, perfect timing, and better plan. So it seems Flyingpips is settling for a while on Californian soil. Lets see how long that lasts. I got a fortune in a fortune cookie today saying I will set foot on many soils around the world. Looks like I am a step ahead of my fortune cookie.

1 comment:

Soph said...

aww you should celebrate